After five years on the market, the Bud Light Lime-A-Rita team sought to shake things up with how they promoted their popular margarita-flavored malt beverage. The brand shifted its approach to focus solely on women – a first for AB InBev – and tapped We Are Alexander to produce an experiential event to bring their new brand personality to life.
To relaunch the brand, our Experiential and Creative teams worked together to create a “Lime-A-Rita Land” experience at the Eden Fine Art Gallery in New York City. The event was a celebration of female friendship that included elements of style, design and beauty.
In other words: #squadgoals.
“Our strategy was to create an immersive experience that captured the spirit of Lime-A-Rita’s new marketing campaign, celebrating female friendships and the moments they share together,” said Ali Siegel, We Are Alexander Senior Account Director. “Every detail from concept to execution was carefully planned to reestablish Lime-A-Rita with female consumers in a memorable way.”
During the two-day event, the brand hosted 600-plus consumers and influencers, reintroducing them to the Lime-A-Rita brand and giving guests a playground to share the fun via social media:
- Custom neon signage featuring #Margaready, PeachPlease and LimeARitaLand created photo op areas where guests could capture and share social content
- A kickoff meet-and-greet and Q&A with singer, reality television star and social media influencer Jessie James Decker, coordinated with AB InBev’s public relations team, attracted more than 200 media and social influencers, fueling more than 100 million impressions
- A 20-foot coloring wall gave guests a canvas to sign names, color images and pose for pictures; an infinity room, complete with wall-to-wall mirrors, balloons and floor graphics presented the appearance of infinite reflections for sharable moments
- Fun Lime-A-Rita-infused cocktail samples (Peachy Lemonade, the signature cocktail for Decker; Jala-Peño-Rita; and a Strawberry Mo-Jito) inspired guests to relax, enjoy and share socially
- The manicure station featured celebrity nail artist Julie Kandalec, who created customized designs for guests based off popular Lime-A-Rita flavors
- A Lime-A-Rita merchandise kiosk featured customizable T-shirts, sweaters and sweatshirts by popular clothier Bow & Drape so guests could dress the part
The Lime-A-Rita Land experience was a huge success, gaining significant exposure in both social media and press circles.